Monday, April 7, 2008

Inspector Gadget Goes Swimming

My brother's nickname for Dawson is Inspector Gadget because he loves anything that has buttons, makes sound or shoots anything. On any given day, he will have his pager, a cell phone and some sort of tool on his belt. This is a picture of what Brian gave him for Christmas last year.

With that background, Inspector Gadget went swimming today... He had his first real swim lesson today. I had tried to put him in a mom-tot swim class when he was 2 but it was a disaster from the start and we didn't continue. So, today I was fairly nervous that the same would happen but it didn't!

I forgot my camera, but if I had it, you would be looking at a picture of a little boy who when the teacher came up to take the class down to the pool he went with him without a look behind at his mom...sniff, sniff...

You would see a picture of a little boy in his favorite surf-board swim-body-suit follow his teacher with his bright yellow & white striped towel around his neck over to the edge of the pool.

You would see a picture of a little blonde headed boy sitting on his towel in a circle of students listening to what the teacher is saying, while he looks at the people in the pool.

You would see a picture of a brave boy leading the way into the pool and heading straight into the deep water.

There would be a great picture of Dawson splashing and kicking with his swim-mates.

The rest of the role would be of Dawson's class doing all sorts of swim lessons back and forth, kicking against the side of the pool, learning to splash the right way, blowing bubbles in the water... while Inspector Gadget is standing at the edge of the pool playing in the jets of the pool.

Needless to say, I'm bringing my camera on Wed.

Here are some recent pictures of the kids:


I always said that the only thing that Dawson had that looked like me were his toes- now I'm not so sure...

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the swimming pics...and I see you made your hubby cookies--you are such a nice wife:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those imaginary pictures sound GREAT! :) (Don't forget that camera!)

    I love those gloved toes. So silly! And sleeping Jackson is just so... peaceful. Aww!

    ReplyDelete