One of my New Year's Resolutions was to be one of those grocery saving coupon moms and tonight I actually got to get a glimpse of what that might look like!
(note- I "follow" many many many blogs of what I will from now on refer to as Grocery Moms and they are forever posting pictures of their Booty that they got for like a dollar. I have always wondered how in the world they managed this and have been so jealous of their Booty Pictures. Well, tonight I get to post my own!)
I am doing a free trial of The Grocery Game. I have a couple of friends who have subscribed and follow this plan and have really saved a lot of money. I think it looks like it definitely has potential. Here's what happened to me tonight:
My first Grocery Booty picture is what I got from King Soopers. I did not get as much as I was planning on getting because I got my days wrong. I thought the sale list went through Wed when in reality it goes through Tues. So, it took me a while to realize that I wasn't a total idiot when I couldn't find my deals I thought I was looking for. Luckily, they did still have some of the items on my "list" and I got to save a little. I strayed from the list with the salsa because the generic ended up being a little bit less than the sale price of the Pace.
15 items. Total Spent: $24.92. Total Saved: $25.67 I saved 51% off my order! Woohoo!
I did use 3 coupons but they didn't amount to a ton of extra savings, but every little bit helps, right?!
I got 3 laundry detergents for $2.99 each (saved $4 each), the ketchups were $1.50 each down from $2.45. They were supposed to be $.99 but since we're out of ketchup I thought it was still a good deal. The gum was buy 2 get 1 free.
8 items. Total Spent: $15.79 Total Saved: $15.29 Saved 49%!
This was actually really fun! Mike (who very nicely does all of our "normal" shopping) will still have to go get our regular shopping list stuff at Super Walmart but as we start stockpiling I have a feeling that those trips will become smaller & smaller...
I'm glad you got to post your Booty pics. :)
ReplyDeleteGood Job Sis!
ReplyDeleteI too did my gaming this week. However, I do all my shopping in one place, one store, so it's harder to see any real benefit yet. However, it was still good...my total, before savings was close to $300. After savings, $247. Just like you, once I start the stockpiling, it will only get better and better! How fun that we're doing this "together"!