Hi friends! I am still here. Still enjoying reading your blogs. I just have been uninspired lately. Or maybe lazy. Or maybe both. I don't know. It has been a crazy summer, to say the least. But, crazy in a yucky sort of way. Not getting into too many details, I have not enjoyed this summer and would venture that it's probably one of the worst summers of my life. Whoa Mama- that's depressing, isn't it?! I'm sure I will look back at this summer some time in my life and I will scold myself saying "it wasn't that bad." Now I'm thinking- should I keep this? Should I say this? Or should I just delete & pretend all is fine? Hmmm... I guess we'll find out when I press "Post." :)
I think it was just a downer of a summer because Mike was extremely busy all summer with work and I had a lot on my plate. Caitlyn was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis~ which entailed many doctors visits on my own including her MRI without Mike (thanks to Grampy for coming along on that one), and even the planning and figuring out of all of that almost put me over the edge. All of that happened in the week and a half that I was dealing with the boys' birthday parties. I have realized how much I depend on my husband and I appreciate everything he does to keep me sane. It is haaard when he is tied up and cannot help the way he normally does. Add to that some other hard-to-deal-with issues in my life and that's a little bit of why this summer kindof sucked.
I feel bad that I didn't give the kids many fun memories of going out and doing things. We didn't even go to the pool but maybe one time. I actually have no idea what we did. I was in a fog and a little depressed but thankfully I feel like I've come out of the fog now.
We did have fun with company staying with us a couple times this summer. I'm glad Mike's brother & his family were able to stay for 2 weeks for his sister's wedding. The cousins all had a great time getting to know each other. (They live in MA. and the cousins haven't spent time together before now).
But, now the summer is over. I kindof wish it wasn't so that I had some time to "save it" and make it better, but I'm mostly glad fall is starting. D & C are both starting school and with that comes a routine which makes life in my house easier. I'm also so excited for Bible Study Fellowship to start up again. We are studying John this year and I think it will be great. I have missed having a regular quiet time with the Lord this summer and I know getting back into studying the Bible will help with my outlook in life. I also am going to have my Mon. night Bible Study starting up again which I'm so glad for- I've missed meeting with my friends! I just need to figure out what we're going to study... :)
There's much that I can post about but I figured I will start with the most recent- today- and work my way backwards.
Here are some pics of C at her preschool. She was so excited to finally be the one going to preschool that there were no tears. She knew exactly what to do after watching big brother go 2 years in a row, including summers. She found her name tag right away and literally ran into the classroom, barely giving me a kiss. I didn't have time to be sad since I went straight to orientation after she ran in.
Kindof a weird smile.
These next pictures are from D's first day of Kindergarten. He was also so excited and didn't have any doubts about going in. He has absolutely loved school- especially the science lab where he saw a toad pee on the ground!
I had to get a cute pic of J in somewhere!
Giving big brother a hug goodbye.
A little out of order- but he's ready to go!
Thanks for your honesty. And don't let your guilt of not making a fun summer for the kids hang aroung too long. They aren't holding you to it ... so neither should you! I enjoyed Peeking in. :) (Sorry, sometimes I just can't help but be cheesy.)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back! Love all the pics too. Your kids look sooo big!
ReplyDelete