Monday, April 21, 2008

Can you relate?

I just read this today in my quiet time (I am reading about the importance of praying for your family and just praying in general). I had heard this before but not lately and I can definitely relate... probably lots of you can, too.

Dear Lord, so far today I am doing pretty well. I haven't screamed at the kids or thrown anything in a burst of anger. I have not grumbled or gossiped or whined. I haven't been greedy or self-centered. I have not yet charged anything to the credit card, and I haven't pigged out on the chocolate cake in the refrigerator. However, in a few minutes I will be getting out of bed and I am going to need your help to make it through the rest of the day. Amen.

This is turning out to be a day where I need to be praying a lot for my sanity... Jackson is teething badly, has a nice new cold and is all-around grumpy. Dawson is extra whiny. Caitlyn threw up during the night & I just saw it this morning. We ended up not going to swimming and canceling a playdate. (& it's only 10 in the morning!)

Here's to a better tomorrow...!

4 comments:

  1. Awww...I hate those days! If you need a break let me know and I can come pick up one or more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber,
    Kt gave me your blog address - I like reading that someone else's house is a bit like mine. Love the entry from the book...it's now on my "to read" list! As for the start of your day, yes, I can relate! :)

    Here's to a better tomorrow.
    Holly (Heather's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, can I ever relate! I wish I had read this sooner... it sounds like you could've used a hug today. I'm glad you were there this morning.

    So has today been better? I sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your week is going better...I really liked your quote...especially the part about eating a whole chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete