Friday, June 6, 2008

Sittin' Pretty

I wish I had a way to capture what I'm doing right now so you all could be here with me...

My children are in bed, for now, hopefully on their way to being asleep.

My wonderful, loving husband is battling the crowd at Super Walmart so our family can eat this week.

I am sitting out on my porch, drinking a Mocha Frappacino, able to type up a post uninterrupted- amazing. I am so loving my new flagstone patio/path and my garden. I couldn't be happier with it. I am currently sitting next to one of my favorite things about the garden- my wisteria. Actually, I have 2 but one isn't doing great and I'm sitting next to the one that is doing well. These plants are supposed to grow up to 10 feet a year so they should be up and over our pergola in no time. I am hoping for a "Secret Garden" feel when it's all over. Anybody read that book before? I also have a honey suckle that will make it's way up which will be so nice.

I have also finally gotten my wish and I am growing vegetables! Yeah! There is not too much variety yet but I think it's good to start slow and work my way up to it. My husband thinks that's a good idea, too. :) So, this season I have pumpkins, basil, thyme, peppers, peppers, and more peppers. I really have a lot of pepper plants- 5 green & 3 red. Oh, and I do have some other herbs started inside that I will post about later. So, in a month or so, if anyone needs peppers, you know where to come!

Oh, I wish you all could be here and look at this beautiful view with me. It is a clear night and I have a wonderful view of the mountains. I am hearing crickets chirp, children playing, planes overhead. And the most wonderful sound? Nothing from inside!

I would take pictures of everything for you but our main computer is still broken so I can't download any onto it to add here... :( I will soon. hopefully.

So, especially to all my mom friends out there who may still be struggling right now trying to get kids to bed, I will have a sip for you and say a little prayer that they go to bed quickly. Lord knows I will probably need one of your prayers tomorrow night...

(By the way, I got the title of this post from my new favorite/least favorite show- "Farmer wants a wife")



These are pictures of wisteria all grown up...

5 comments:

  1. Oh Amber....that sounds wonderful! I can just feel the Colorado evening the way you describe it, wish I could come sit pretty with you! How bout in August, we'll be out again, and by then I'm sure your Wisteria will be much taller. I didn't know what Wisteria was, but those pictures are beautiful and I bet it smells SO good! I'm so glad you are able to have a nice evening to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new patio/garden. Soon you can have your own Wisteria Lane (from Desperate Housewives)...no wait we wouldn't want that...we'll hope for your Secret Garden:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber-
    THAT sounds so wonderful! AND I DO know about the Secret Garden...it was my favorite read growing up! I was trying to explain it to Chris the other day, but I don't think I conveyed the mysterious and redemptive beauty of that place in the book...
    I think I'm going to dig it out and read it again! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erin! Now I kindof want to read it again, too... :)

    ReplyDelete