Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Unthinkable

The unthinkable has happened. Unthinkable, unwanted, catastrophic, in fact.




My children like Barney.



I mean- really like Barney. So much so that they both picked out the Barney dvd at the library and insisted we bring it home. We watched it in the car. I said I thought it should stay in the car- we'll see if that happens. I got them a Bob the Builder dvd the other day not knowing that there was also a Barney episode on the dvd. Well, they watched that one episode and now they're hooked. Mike & I really thought we were going to be able to avoid Barney at all costs with raising our kids but I guess we can't. He's everywhere. Oh well.

8 comments:

  1. Noooooo! Say it ain't so!

    (Can we still be friends if I admit to you that... I don't think he's all that bad? I'm going to check Facebook now to see if you've unfriended me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you! Henry went through a huge Barney thing! But for now we have "forgotten" that there is such a thing. Just wait till you start to sing along with the songs! And even worse when you catch yourself singing them even when the show isn't on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it beats teletubbies...I hate teletubbies. But, still...sorry to hear about Barney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, maybe you guys are right. They are watching it right now and it's giving me time to check my blog... and Caitlyn is singing "quack quack quack ducky" along with Barney and it's pretty darn cute...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! What a drag! Barney snuck into our homes ninja style too. There should be warning lables on kids videos. E loves Telletubies - she calls it Baby Sun. It creeps me out but not in the nerves-on-fire way Barney does. I am feelin' for ya.

    ReplyDelete