
Yes, I am 31 years old today. Happy Birthday to me! :) It has been a good, relaxing, laid back kind of a day so far. I slept in, had my children come in with a Mocha Frappacino to wake me up and a huge pile of Ann Taylor clothes wrapped up from my parents. I relaxed as somebody else cleaned my house (thank you, Joan!), and have spent most of the morning blog-surfing. I have been wanting to do this for some time but can never justify this and decided if any day, today was the day I could! I have been going blog by blog, looking at craft & sewing projects I would love to do some day... I am thinking that maybe my first one needs to be sewing some body pillowcases for our bed. We only have one set and could use another. After sewing 12 Superhero capes (one was for Caitlyn) I feel like I could handle a pillow case. I think that's basically what the superhero capes were, except with curves and straps.
I have also decided that 31 is kindof a "blah" birthday. Especially coming after 30, it just seems like a kindof boring one. So, I thought that I would think back to birthdays past so I can remember what has gotten me here...
1 year ago today, I was: recovering from having Jackson 6 days earlier.
4 years ago today I was: driving home from the hospital in our new 'family SUV' with Dawson.
10 years ago I was on a rooftop in Paris, having a beer with some of my fellow Crusade friends, looking out at the city lights.
13 years ago I had every possible friend at my house, with a live band on my front porch knowing that the next day I was leaving for England for 3 weeks.
18 years ago I was getting my ears pierced.
There are so many other memories and sadly a lot I can't remember! (Darn you, mommy brain!) But, my parents always made a point of making my birthdays special growing up whether it was standing on a chair in a Mexican restaurant- a very embarassed teenager- while the entire restaurant sings to me, or opening up a suitcase full of presents while at summer camp. I hope I can make my kids' birthdays just as memorable.
Here are just some pictures commemorating birthdays past...
Happy Birthday AmberD! I'm glad you had a good day and got to do some things you wanted...and what a treat to wake up to a frap!
ReplyDeleteHugs to you.....and....can we hang out next week? We'll be in town from Aug 6-12 and it would be fun to see you guys again. We'll be in touch...and I'll be expecting to see some crafts completed! :-)
Sounds like you had a nice birthday yesterday...I like your wii...I want wii-fit when I'm done being prego.
ReplyDeleteLove the old birthday pics...they are really cute!
Happy Birthday! In your 3 year old picture you and Dawson really look alike! Minus the whole guy/girl thing.
ReplyDelete