Sunday, September 28, 2008

Truth at Bedtime

"What did we talk about tonight?"
"Knowing God & Jesus."
"How do we know Jesus?"
"The door opens and He comes into the heart to live with you."
"How do you open the door?"
"He knocks and He finds the door is locked and he reaches waaaay up high but can't turn the latch."
"Who opens the door for Him?"
"Dawson."

This is the recap Dawson gave Mike tonight when Mike came by for some cookies.  Dawson and I had started talking about this when I tucked him into bed tonight.  We have talked about Jesus living in your heart before and he is certainly getting the picture, I think.  Mike is going on a missions trip to Brazil in a couple weeks and we were talking about how Daddy is going to tell people about Jesus because in some parts of the world people don't know who Jesus is. And if they don't know who He is, they can't ask Him into their hearts...  Dawson thought Jesus was already in his heart because he comes in even if you don't ask him so it was good to talk about how that's not the case and that he needs to open the door and ask Him in.

After everything, he wasn't quite ready to pray and ask Jesus to come into his heart but I think he's almost there and we are so excited!  :)  It is so fun to see the wheels turning in his head and see him understanding more and more...

3 comments:

  1. Aw! How sweet! That is a great image too. I think I even learned something. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious! I love their little sweet innocent hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so sweet and exciting! your little ones are so precious!

    ReplyDelete