This picture was taken by one of my new friends. Bummer it was a little blurry!
This morning (now much longer than that, it's taken me a long time to get this done) I had the great honor & privilege of volunteering at the Sarah Palin rally in Golden. It was quite an experience! After her nomination I have gotten so excited over this ticket I really wanted to get involved. When I heard she was coming to CO I emailed the McCain HQ to see if they needed any volunteers for the pancake breakfast that was scheduled. They didn't but I was able to get 2 tickets. Just a couple hours later, I got an email that they did need volunteers because they had turned their 1500 person breakfast into a 6,000 person rally due to such a huge number of people that wanted to be see Gov. Palin. So I took off last night for a volunteer walk-through and was put into a rally squad team to be on the floor and help if there were any protestors. (can you imagine me putting the smack down on someone?) :) Well, luckily that didn't happen. The crowd there was the friendliest, most down-to-earth group of people. I went not knowing anyone and now have a new bunch of friends I would be happy to hang out with anytime. It took me about an hour to get out of the parking lot afterwards and everyone was friendly and patient and very polite as we were all ready to get on our way.
I hadn't been there very long when I was approached for an interview from a reporter. Luckily, it was a reporter from a news station in Colorado Springs so nobody I know will see the interview. I felt like I was not a good interviewee- I was a nervous nelly! :) I guess I won't get a job on television after the kids leave the house... He asked me some strange questions and kept trying to get me to say that seeing her in person makes a difference in how I will vote. I said not at all and that it's just a thrill to be able to see her!
I won't go through the whole morning with you but it was a lot of fun. During the whole speech I kept thinking, "oh, I'll blog about that," and, now, of course, I've waited 24 hours (now more than that!) and during that time Mom Brain has taken over. One thing that resonates with me is when she was being introduced someone said: "in 52 days" (at the time that was one day after the election) "your daughters will wake up and really know that one day she could be president of the United States of America." I think that's pretty darn cool.
Sarah Palin is someone who people can relate to. She is someone who talks to people directly, not looking down at them. She embodies the American Dream. She is someone with morals and values that match my own. I would be proud to have her and John McCain in the White House. I would feel safe with them in leadership over the country. The other option frightens me such that I cannot even think about it. John McCain truly loves our country, will fight for our country and do whatever is best for it. He & his wife have always loved our country and been proud of it- not just since he started running for president.
The more the far left in this country, including the press, attack Sarah Palin- the more I like her. We need to remember that they do not want someone who stands for Truth in charge. Especially the Truth that every life is precious and created by God and needs to be protected.
As Christians we know that when we are doing God's will the enemy's attacks get harder and stronger. The more the press and the dems attack (and they are more vicious every day) the more I know this team is the right one for the job.
I am praying for this country and this decision that is to be made in a matter of days. I hope you are too...
The "First Dude" is very cool!
I was in a great spot. Right up next to the stage. Got some fun pictures and got to shake her hand.
***Now, I know some of you will disagree with me, some even strongly disagree. But, you know what? This is my blog! I can say what I want! :) You can write about your thoughts on your blog and I'll read it... ***
How fun! I am glad you were able to go.
ReplyDeleteWow Amber...that is SO cool! You look so in your element there....and how cool that you got to shake her hand! Thanks for posting this!
ReplyDeleteHi, I don't know you directly, but I am Michelle's sister-in-law. I am a democrat but will be voting for McCain myself. I just hope you don't think all democrats are what you witness in the media. We embody all facets of the democratic range. I have always firmly believed that those who attack others by hiding behind their labels are not "them" but merely poor examples of people.
ReplyDeleteBut, how cool to have volunteered for what you believe in.
Hi Kerrie! Thanks for commenting, it's really good to hear your perspective and I appreciate it! I know many democrats that feel the way you do, too, but it is so hard to get past the way left media sometimes. I need to remember that...
ReplyDeleteHope to meet you in person some day!
Hey Amber! I just found your blog and read this post. I agree with you about McCain and his passion for this country. That's so cool that you got to go to this. If I had been on my game I would have tried to go too... (I went to the last rally 4 years ago and that was wild.) Oh well, they have my support already so I guess that's all that matters!!
ReplyDelete