After early naps today I took the kids and told them we were going to go meet Barbie! Caitlyn was very excited. Dawson just wanted to go to Super Target and get a new Transformer. (I don't know why he only thinks they're at Super Target). I told her she was going to get her picture taken with Barbie and she told me that she was going to smile. This is big since she is notoriously NOT a smiler in pictures... Dawson told me he was NOT going to smile because he doesn't like Barbies.
When we got there, it didn't take us long to find Barbie and Caitlyn was all smiles as she talked to her, gave Barbie hugs and sat on her lap. Very cute! After several pictures I fished out one of my old Barbie dolls out of my purse for her to donate. We got some free picture coupons along with a cute Barbie bag so I was able to just go right over and print the pictures out for her to have and she loves looking at them. I think the lady in charge and Barbie were excited to have someone there who actually brought a doll to donate. They took lots of pictures of Cakes putting the doll in the box but I didn't think to ask what they were going to do with them.
The rest of the Walmart trip went like you would imagine it would on a Saturday afternoon. 2 $1 Wall-E shirts for Cakes, 1 nerf football for Jack & 1 Hot Wheels car for D later we were out of there!
All-in-all it was a fun day and once again I was proud of myself for getting out and doing something like this with all 3 kids on my own. (Mike was working the football game). Yea for me! I did treat myself to a Mocha Frappacino on the way home thanks to a gift card a dear friend gave me... :)
I don't know why I always cut heads off of people when I take pictures... drives Mike crazy!
Of course, Caitlyn is doing a silly face instead of smiling!
How cute Amber! Looks like she had fun!
ReplyDeleteWhen you said you were going to meet Barbie, I didn't know you were actually MEETING BARBIE! How fun!
ReplyDeleteThat is so much fun for her! Hmmm maybe someone should have told Barbie that pink and orange clash! :)
ReplyDeleteHow old is Barbie??? I think too young to be married to Ken. So fun! Good for you getting out with all three kids on a Saturday!
ReplyDelete