Monday, December 22, 2008

If Moms Ruled The World

Today while making dinner I was imagining.  This was fairly hard to do because I was often interrupted by children, boiling water, meat needing to be turned, bread coming out of the oven... you get the picture.  But, what I was imagining was what the world would look like if it was run by Moms.  Not just women, mind you- Moms.  

Here are some things I came up with (if I can remember them).  Feel free to add your own.

If the world was run by moms-

Everyone would be well fed by snacks and regular early dinners because we would know that would make everyone less grumpy.

There wouldn't be as many diseases because we would make sure regular doctor visits were scheduled and everyone would get their vaccinations on time, or almost on time.  

Moms would be the world umpires, making sure everyone played nicely, shared, took turns and didn't fight.  The world would find out that if they fought with each other often enough- Mom might get sick of them and say "call me if there's blood".  

There wouldn't be any racism  because Moms love everyone- they see someone and think "that's someone's son or daughter"

Anyone who hurts a child would not ever be let out to see the light of day.

There would not be any child without a family.

A Mom in the White House would always be able to entertain dignitaries, give her attention to her husband, break up fights between her children, clean up after the dog and answer that Red Phone all at the same time.  (She would look good doing it, too since she would probably have someone to help with her hair & wardrobe)

There would be more family time since the tv would be turned off after a couple shows.

There would be far less colds because everyone would have anti-bacterial sanitizing gel everywhere and would use it every time they touched anything.

The world would be a much cleaner place because everyone would carry a package of wipes with them, ready to clean up any mess.

Nobody would ever get bored because there would always be an abundance of "purse games", crayons, and handheld electronic games.

The world would look at Spain and institute an afternoon siesta and that's when the Moms would get all the "real work" done- or just update their blogs.

Oh, and speaking of blogs, there would be a World Blog where all the people of the world would get their information and they wouldn't have to worry about if it was biased or correct. And they would get to leave the Moms a comment to encourage them with the good job they were doing.



Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not tooting my own horn because I run things so well in my own house I think I can rule the world.  I was simply having a busy evening juggling 3 kids, 2 dogs while trying to do dishes, laundry, defrosting meat, and make spaghetti and breadsticks.  It is amazing how busy life can be.  Especially when your kids are hungry- which, aren't they always?  
We ended up having a good dinner though and everyone at everything!  It was VERY exciting!  And something that doesn't happen too often.  

Bedtime went pretty well tonight.  I think I have decided that no naps & easier bedtime is better than naps with a harder bedtime.  Caitlyn didn't get out of bed at all (I did bribe them, I mean motivate them with a special "treat" at breakfast- probably will be a lollipop- if they didn't get out)  Dawson did get out of bed but for kindof good reasons (too hot in his footies, had to go #2, needed to blow his nose).  I had discontinued their sticker charts and told them they now needed to stay in bed so Mom would be happy.  I guess maybe I need to give them better motivation...

So, there are my two cents for the evening.  Goodnight Bloggy World...

2 comments: