Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

There is no way I will be able to recap 2008.  My memory is worse these days than an elephant it seems.  Oh wait, elephants never forget- or are they forgetful?  I can't remember...  Anyway, you get the picture.  

I think I'm going to try to lay out some things I've been thinking of to try to do in 2009 and if you read this and are so inclined, maybe you can help me remember to do them throughout the year? I'd appreciate it...  

Now, I'm not thinking too clearly this morning so none of these are very deep, but that's not so unusual for me.  Maybe I'll make that #1.

#1  Try to think deep thoughts and blog about them more often

#2  Double the # of 2008 blog entries

#3  Do a craft at home with the kids at least once a week

#4  Become one of those moms who clips coupons & cuts down their grocery bills to like $10/week.  Anyone want to give me a clue on how to do this?

#5  Work on my book monthly

#6  Finish a "real" quilt that I have to measure each square precisely, with binding and actually quilt it

#7  Memorize 26 verses from the Bible

#8  Be very consistent and purposeful in my time I spend with Jesus

#9  Adopt 2 children from Ethiopia (still working on Mike on this one)

#10 Go on a date with Mike at least twice a month

#11 Paint our bedroom

#12 Finish poor Jack's room

#13 Regularly feed my family the healthy food they need

#14 Exercise regularly  (how cliche, right?)

I am going to stop right here (#14) and ruminate some more on this and hopefully by the end of the day I can add some more and remember to post this!  

(more cliches)
#15 Live more

#16 Laugh more

#17 Love more

#18 Figure out what Twitter is & if I need to be doing it

#19 Say yes anytime someone asks if I have any used or reuseable items for donation

....................  I know I had more earlier today but I have forgotten them already...........................

I am so thankful for all the many blessings God has given me throughout my 31 years.  I have a wonderful family, amazing friends and more provisions than I know what to do with.  I pray that in 2009 I can thank Jesus for all He's done for me by following Him closely.  Being in prayer continually throughout my days.  Looking for His direction with how I love my husband, teach my children, spend time with my friends and what I do with my "free time"....  I don't know what this next year will have in store but I am so grateful that I have my Savior to guide me through and help me be the person He wants me to be.  

Look for a post coming soon:  Mike's New Year Resolutions..........

3 comments:

  1. Good thing you have that fancy new craft room...let me know if you figure out how to do it once a week with the kids. I want to get our bathroom painted...and excercise and so many other things on your list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...I wrote this whole long post helping you with #4 and now it's gone :( Here's the abbreviated version! haha

    First, I'm so impressed with your list! Follow through is not my strength but you've inspired me to think about some resolutions at least!

    As for #4 on your list, maybe I can help! I like these sites for coupons and money saving ideas - freebies4mom.blogspot.com, moneysavingmom.com, bargainshopperlady.com and thefreebieblogger.com. I also like coupons.com for fast coupon printing and shortcuts.com for loading coupons directly to my King Soopers card.

    I find that these tips help save me the most money:

    1. Clip coupons from the Sunday paper but also look for coupons online from those blogs above or directly fromt he manufacturers of whatever products you use (i.e. go directly to P&G for things like Cascade dishwasher detergent or directly to Pampers.com if you use any of their stuff, etc.

    2. Use those coupons especially when those items are already on sale. For example we recently got 5 boxes of General Mills cereals for $2.50 because they were on sale (you had to buy 5 to get the deal) and we had 5 General Mills coupons (because you can use one manufacturer coupon per item). This "stacking" helps save the most money!

    3. Read the store ads either in the Wed/Sun papers or online and make your grocery list with that ad and your coupons in mind - not necesarily what your family feels like eating that week. What I mean is that if I do it the other way - make the list and then look for deals - I tend to miss out on things like a sale on pork because I only had chicken on the menu or something.

    3. Make a meal plan for at least one week and shop just one time during the week! I find it's best to shop without the kids when possible too :) haha

    I'm sure I'm forgetting something but those blogs will help a lot :) Sorry for writing so much but I love saving money at the grocery store so since you asked for help I thought I'd give you a little!

    Best of luck on your resolutions! Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration Am! Some of your resolutions have stuck in my mind...like memorizing scripture and making my time with Jesus "consistent and purposeful". Can we say conviction?!
    And yes I think you should be Twittering. I know nothing about it except that it can go on your blog and FB page:) So when you are out and about with your cutie kids you can send a twitter and we'll all know what you're doing:)

    ReplyDelete