Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Heart is Yours, Lord

Tonight I have been wrapping gifts. I literally used up the last of the wrapping paper with the last of the tape. Unfortunately, I still have about 8 more presents... It was fun to get the presents I bought on Black Friday out and it's made me very excited for Christmas to think how much the kids are going to love getting all the gifts! I started feeling bad because Caitlyn had about twice as many gifts as the boys but then I remembered that I had bought for her birthday in January, also. (what a planner I am!)

It was a nice evening, listening to my Pandora praise & worship music, eating chips & salsa and wrapping presents. I tried to pray as I wrapped, just lifting up anyone that came to my mind. I spent some time praying for orphans in Africa- thinking about the excess of what my little family has and how much we are adding to it and how little they have.

I just came across this Steven Curtis Chapman video a couple minutes ago. I have heard this song on the radio and do like it but I have never really listened to the words or thought about the meaning. I think the pictures that go along with the music really helps to grasp the meaning of the song. If you have time, you should watch it and think about everything that is God's. I know I have been...

No comments:

Post a Comment