Thursday, February 5, 2009
Hanging up...
This past week I have been trying to NOT talk on my cell phone while driving. This has been much harder for me than I thought it would. I have figured out that while I drive, that's my time to catch up with friends. It's so much harder to call someone up at home when the kids are climbing all over me. I have made a decision, though, that I really want to do this (or not do this!) I know that safety wise, it's so much better, and I have to think about the example I'm setting for my kids. My parents have a Barbie motorized car that my kids love to drive around in. Of course, it has a little phone in the front that as soon as Dawson gets in to drive he picks it up to talk at the same time... My goal is to change this perception in his little mind that when you get in the car you get on the phone. And if you're one of my friends who normally gets a phone call from me when I'm in the car- hopefully we can still figure out how to talk to each other over the noise & chaos of my home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
California passed a law this summer for hands-free cell phones while you drive....so now it's illegal to talk on your phone in the car. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, but realized that I, too, use that time so much for making calls! So we got a bluetooth thing (which I ONLY) use in the car...I don't wear it around. :-) It's come in very handy.
ReplyDelete