Friday, April 10, 2009

Homeward Bound

We had a fun night tonight. Caitlyn & I made pizza together (the sauce was from scratch- who's so proud of me?) And we also watched "Homeward Bound" which, is really "The Incredible Journey" and always will be in my estimation. Why do they do that? Change the names of things.

Growing up my favorite store was LaBelles and then under new ownership it changed to Best and I absolutely refused to go into it once it was "Best". I mean, really! How dare they change that name!

So, anyway, I did agree to watch "Homeward Bound" even though I am upset that it has a new name... And it was so cute. The kids' eyes were absolutely glued to the tv the whole time. I had forgotten how many suspenseful parts there were in that movie. In this new version the animals have voices so we know what they are thinking & saying to each other. (It took Dawson about 10 minutes of asking "who said that?" to believe us that it was the animals) I did kindof miss the narrator but it was a fun new change. Michael J Fox was the voice of the younger dog. Oh, and I think this "new" version was made in like 1993, so it's not really that new, but that's ok.

As I was watching I did realize that during the scary mountain lion part that maybe that is where my fear of mountain lions stemmed from. And, I had totally forgotten about the lost girl in the mountain that the animals save- now that I'm a mom that part is a definite tear-jerker.

Speaking of tears, they definitely flowed at the very end. I had to get up and move into the kitchen so I didn't bawl in front of everyone. Here's the scene that got my water works flowing...



I read a great post here about how important traditions are for families and so I decided to copy exactly what she said.  Anyway, I even tried to get Mike to sit with me and play a game after putting the kids to bed but then one thing led to another and- no, not that- and he had to go and move some dog food over at his mom's house so the raccoon that's living in her garage will leave. I do think I will try to procure a Skip Bo or Phase 10 for next Friday night though. I love games!


No comments:

Post a Comment