First: Swim Lessons
Our morning started out just dandy. We have swim lessons every Sat and this Sat seemed to start off right on schedule. (most Sat. mornings are very rushed!) When we got to lessons, Mike & Jack went straight into their Aqua tots class and Cakes, Dawson & I had lots of fun taking pictures. I wanted to make sure things were smooth as can be since last week Dawson threw a huuuuge fit and did not go into his class. I definitely did NOT want a repeat of last week.
Isn't this the cutest little swim suit for a cute little boy?
Caitlyn sporting her new suit.
Although Dawson looks ready for swim lessons, alas, he was not. We had a repeat of last week. Crying. Sobbing. Clinging to my legs.
What?! We have been doing swim lessons for the last 2 years! When...why is this happening? Seriously makes my blood boil I get so worked up about it. What do I do when this happens? What can I do? Ummm, nothing- how many people are in that little room watching this all take place...for the second time? This week I did walk down to the pool with Dawson. All this accomplished was to cause Jack to leave the pool to come to me. Mike then was free to get into the water with Dawson and Dawson had about 10 min of actual lesson time, (which he did enjoy, btw).
Second: Super Walmart
Our day is not done. We still have 2 birthday parties and one nap to go. Of course, because I had the flu this week I had not gotten the necessary presents yet so we headed to our closest Super Walmart. Because of the fit, Dawson did not go in with me so I got a blessed 20 min or so walking around Walmart kid-free. And I got to buy stuff! So what if it's just sandbox toys, transformers & milk.
Third: Bouncetown (1st party)
After dropping Mike & Jack off at home with the milk, the three of us went to Bouncetown. We got to celebrate, bounce, eat pizza & cake and had a great time. Were there meltdowns? Sure. Was there whining? Yes. But, what else is new?
Fourth: Naps
Everyone but me had one.
Fifth: 2nd Birthday Party
Very fun party with friends and family. Dawson had the hardest time as time went on. He just got whinier & seemed to enjoy causing problems. Didn't eat his dinner. But wanted cake. Wanted to sit on my lap- all the time. I needed to do some things, like eat- take care of the other children- go to the bathroom, you know. Didn't want to leave. We had to leave.
Sixth: Bedtime
Jack went down great.
Mike put Caitlyn down.
I went in to talk to Dawson. I wanted to read to him from our little kid Bible that we got recently at the church book sale but for some reason couldn't find it. I decided to just talk to him about how he's been acting recently. (This is not an unusual day for us). After trying to get through to him with no success, I had him come down on the floor with me to kneel. I tried to explain that when he disobeys it's like he's telling me he doesn't love me with his actions. "But I do love you, Mom, even if I disobey." And, when we disobey God, it's like we tell Him we don't love Him. "But, I do love Him, too. Even if I disobey." Hmmm.
We prayed and he sincerely asked God to forgive him for throwing a fit, and asked God to help him to obey.
We talked some more. I explained to him that our hearts are bright and shiny and beautiful. When we disobey it's sin, and when we sin we put a big black spot on our hearts. When that happens, we can't be with God. I talked with Dawson about how the only way we can get rid of that sin on our hearts is to ask Jesus to come into our hearts and He's the one who will wipe it clean.
This is when Mike came into the room and Dawson explained to him what we were talking about. We have talked about asking Jesus into our hearts before but he has never wanted to pray right then. I asked Dawson if he would like to pray right then to ask Jesus into his heart and he said "I'll do it tomorrow". I said, "you don't want Jesus to be in your heart tonight?" And he said quickly, "Oh yes, I do!" And without prompting, he folded his hands, bowed his head and asked God to send Jesus to live in his heart. And then I asked him what he wanted Jesus to do in his heart and he prayed that Jesus would wipe his heart clean. After he was done I asked him if Jesus would ever leave him and he said NO! I asked him when he could talk to Jesus, if it was only at bedtime in his bed and he said anytime. It was a very special time.
We then talked about who he could tell what just happened and the first people he mentioned were his cousin Zach and his friend Carter. And, in perfect timing, Grandma Sue literally came in his room! (she had stopped by to pick up a saw of all things!) So, he was able to tell her what he had done and talk to her about it. I know our kids have so many family members praying for their relationships with Jesus and I know it was so special for Sue to witness this minutes after it happened. After she left, Dawson called my parents and they were thrilled, also.
When Mike & I tucked Dawson in he sure seemed like a happier child than he's been all day. He kissed me no less than 15 times and gave Mike a big hug and kiss. AND he has not gotten out of his bed once! :) I'm not really expecting that to last...
Like I said, a perfect day!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Corinthians 5:17
So Sweet! I have tears in my eyes for you. That is just a perfect day!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Dawson! Great day! I'm cracking up because the pic of Jack in his suit has Leah's best friend smiling in the background :)
ReplyDeleteThat IS a perfect day!! Wow. Way to go Dawson...way to go Mom...way to go Jesus!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome day!
ReplyDeleteWonderful!
ReplyDelete