OK, so... I'm starting to miss some days here and there. Well, I can't feel that badly about it because this is still a whole lot better than I've ever done before with taking pictures like this! I am still so glad I'm trying to keep track daily with pictures and I hope I can continue like I'm doing all year!
Day 33
Caitlyn made this toothbrush holder for Mike in Sunday School. I am pretty sure it's not supposed to be a toothbrush holder, but who knows- maybe it is! All we know is one day this was on our bathroom counter with Daddy's toothbrush in it. The next day, the toothbrush was put back in it. And the next... Caitlyn has become a little toothbrush fairy who always makes sure Dad's toothbrush is where it should be.
Day 34
I had a flop of a meal this night. I tried to make something from my Great Aunt's cookbook- Swiss Steak- supposedly the one that my Grandma used to make. Unfortunately, my Great Aunt put down in the recipe- "cook these at 450 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. (But I don't cook it that hot)." Did she say what temp to cook it? Noooo. If you look closely, you can see that I did not lower the temperature enough. And there's my grandma using her hands to hold the steak and gnaw a bite off of it since it's too burnt to cut with a knife. Sweet Grams still said she liked it. I also tried my Great Grandma's Poteca (walnut roll bread) and it was not great either. I am not sure I will try anything else from that cookbook. I think I will stick with Rachael Ray.
Day 36
(If you can't tell Dawson is wearing a cape!)
Day 37
Day 38
These are *most* of the kids who were at our Super Bowl party. We crashed my parents' house and had a blast. Not sure if I actually watched any of the game- or the commercials- for that matter. I guess with this crowd it's not too surprising!
Day 40
The kangaroo was Dawson.
Day 41
Dawson bugged me all week to take a picture of him and Jack in their matching pjs and send it to his kindergarten teacher. So I did! She got a good laugh out of it, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment