Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Shout Out for Tivo!

I've had a realization in the last 24 hours. I have realized that what you watch on tv really does influence you as an adult. Growing up, other than Punky Brewster, my favorite show was "Newhart." Do you remember it? Maybe this will help...


A couple nights ago, my faith was restored in my Tivo Box. What? Yep- I had lost faith in her suggestions for me. She put things in like "Bonanza" and "Roseanne." That I would never watch & don't know how she got there based on what we DO watch. Well... I had a surprise waiting for me a couple nights ago. 2 episodes of "Newhart"! I was so excited it was on and have now put it on Season Pass. Mike had never seen it before... Now he's getting very well acquainted with Larry, Darryl & Darryl. Still don't remember? Watch this...


When I was watching last night, I realized that my ideal house is actually the Stratford Inn. Whenever I see a house that looks like that, I get all nostalgic and long for it to be my own. And, as I was just researching to find a picture of this Inn on google, I found a link to the REAL Inn that they used for the show. And, I realized that it is in the very same little sleepy town in Vermont that I *almost* went to Grad School in Middlebury, Vermont. I didn't end up going because I couldn't justify spending money just so I could continue to learn Spanish & French without a plan for what to do with it. (Something I regret not doing, now- I wish I had done it, but that's another post). The college & the Inn are 15 minutes from each other. **sigh**

So, although I will never go here:










I will now be able to go here, at night, in the comfort of my own bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment