Monday, May 3, 2010

Yogurty Deliciousness!

Someone told me recently how much sugar there is in store-bought yogurts. I am all about trying to cut down on sugar & all the bad things that are in food nowadays...
So, I decided to try to make my own! Here is the link from the recipe I used.
(I think next time I will try some of her suggestions to make it a little thicker).

So, can somebody tell me if it's possible to eat too much yogurt? Because, I am eating it non-stop. This yogurt really reminds me of the creme fraiche I used to have in Paris. I like to put fresh berries in it and sprinkle it with Truvia (yes, Truvia- not real sugar- I really am trying!).

So if anyone wonders what I will be eating tonight before bed, here's a picture!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your own yogurt! I'm really impressed. We got on a kick a plain yogurt kick a few years back. We would mix a tsp. of all fruit jam into it to cut down on the sugar. It's not nearly as sweet but it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber! We love plain yogurt, and go through SO much each week. And lately my favorite thing has been plain yogurt w/ strawberries and a drizzle of honey, too! It's what I've been eating before bed at night, too. :-) In fact, I have a bowl of yogurt and granola in front of me now that I'm eating! Carri Grimditch had posted a recipe on Facebook for making your own plain yogurt a while back, and I've been wanting to try it, so now I really do. :-)

    ReplyDelete