Right now we are in that time. I have put the kids in separate quiet room times but Cakes keeps climbing over her gate and going in with Dawson. This is one battle I wish I hadn't started but now I need to stay true to my word and keep putting her back. I'm about to go in for the 10th time in about 15 minutes and put her back...
Quiet usually doesn't happen in this house. When it is quiet, something's up and I need to investigate. Right now Caitlyn is quiet- she is sitting in Dawson's room, (that's where she's having quiet room time,) on his bed nicely reading a book. The thing is- she is reading a book she knows she shouldn't have. She climbed over the gate and went into the bathroom where I put Dawson's special Veggietales Bible that she's not allowed to have because she rips the pages... I am tired enough though that I am going to pretend I didn't see that and enjoy the quiet for now... and hope she doesn't rip any pages!
Soon hopefully I will hear the phone ring and it'll be Mike on his way home, ready to pick up an Abo's pizza... mmm- the best pizza out there, I think! I told the kids we could have pizza & movie night tonight. We'll see what movie they decide on. I'm guessing either Larry Boy & The Rumor Weed or Bubble Boz - they don't step out of their box very often!
Well, I guess I've taken too long at writing this- the natives are getting restless and no phone call yet... Maybe we'll have to start the movie early... :)
***update*** Dawson ended up watching Toy Story!!! This is really big because he absolutely does not want to watch anything new that he doesn't know. He literally will throw the biggest fit if he does not pick out and check the DVD ahead of time- and we're talking Tantrums! (really the only time he will throw a tantrum.) So, I had to tell him it was Toy Story or bed and he almost chose bed. After 20 minutes (he couldn't watch the whole thing because it was bedtime) I asked him if he liked it and he said an energetic "Yes!" Then on the way to bed I told him I was very proud of him for trying a new thing and asked him if he liked trying new movies and he said "yes," a little less energetically... Things like this give me hope since I can say verbatim the entire collection of Larry Boy Movies and the 3 Boz movies that we have. I have the song 'Double Peppy Pizza' stuck in my head right now as a matter of fact...
That is why women used to have a cocktail hour between 4 and 5.Oh the good old days!
ReplyDeleteWe live close enough- let's do it!
ReplyDeleteHey... I'm close enough too. Trust me, I'm close enough.
ReplyDeleteMmmm. Abo's. No dinner planned yet for tonight and Gary's gone. Abo's is a block away. Hmmm...
Yay for Dawson being brave! And Toy Story is totally bearable for even the parents! Yay!
Pizza and movie night is so fun!!! Toy Story was the first movie night movie we watched, it was fun, the kids loved it. Glad to hear Dawson is branching out, hopefully he'll remember how fun it was this time. Abo's, yummy Abo's....there's a pizza place here that reminds me of it, called Pizza My Heart, nice thin crust, big slices of deliciousness.
ReplyDelete