Monday, February 25, 2008

My Princess has lost her glass slipper... and has upgraded to black!


"Wee Walk"
My little princess has a fractured foot. I'm not sure how she did it but I know it happened a little over 2 weeks ago... It was a Saturday and I was sitting over by the sliding door with Jack & Dawson and I heard Cakes crying- a real cry- so I knew something was really wrong. She was laying on the floor between a chair and the stairs and when she got up she couldn't put any weight on her foot. Poor thing! After just a short while she was definitely swollen and still not walking on it. We kept an eye on it but after her nap she started to walk a little, with a limp. We did talk to the on-call doctor and he said to just keep an eye on it but it sounded like she was ok for now and to call back Monday. We did and ended up bringing her in the next day. The x-ray didn't have anything show up but they said that was normal for fractures (if she had one) on children her age. We were to keep an eye on it and take her back in a couple weeks to get another x-ray done. We did that today and were able to see the bone that had started to heal where the fracture was and went to an orthopedic specialist who recommended this little boot. During the past couple weeks she has been getting around really well but has been walking like Kevin Spacey in the movie "The Usual Suspects."
(Great movie, by the way- I tried to get a clip from the movie but couldn't fine one without profanity- so, maybe not that great... it's been a long time since I've seen it!)
She is handling everything pretty well and we will see how she handles having this little boot on. Hopefully she won't keep trying to take it off like she has done tonight or she may have to get a cast put on.
So, that's the latest with the kiddos... all of those visits plus some visits for Jackson's ear infection have resulted in many visits to the doctor for us these past couple weeks! But, I'm very thankful that we have such great doctors and have insurance that allows us to go! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh...the little boot! Poor thing, I hope she gets better really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your poor sweet girl! I totally forgot to ask you about her x-ray tonight. I will be praying for healing for the whole Wagner house!

    ReplyDelete