Saturday, February 16, 2008

Doing the Dishes, Listening to Andy...

One of my favorite times of the day is after dinner, when Mike takes the kids up to start getting them ready for bed. You know why? Because I get to clean up from dinner and pick up toys! Now, if anyone knows me at all you probably don't believe me because I have never been any sort of "cleaner" and usually clutter doesn't bother me BUT I have found a secret motivator to help me get stuff done! What is it? or rather- Who is it? His name is Andy Stanley and he's the lead pastor at North Point Community Church in Atlanta. My best friend Katy told me about him several months ago when we were talking about listening to sermons online and since then, I've been hooked! I have a computer set up in my kitchen and listen to a sermon while cleaning up downstairs. It has made me love my special time learning and growing and being challenged while taking care of my house. I do have to pause the sermon about 5 or 6 times each night before I can listen to the whole thing because of books to be read, prayers to be said, kisses to be given, etc. but I can usually get the whole sermon listened to in one night.

The first sermon series I listened to is "How to be rich." I have skipped around in their message library since then and have recently listened to "Ding." I encourage anyone reading this to spend some time listening to this guy- it's really made an impact on me and it's very easy to listen to and follow. I think Sunday mornings are hard for me to concentrate because I have too many things to think about- my day ahead, how the kids are doing, what are we having for lunch, etc. So, listening at the end of the day when it's just me and the dishes seems to really work for me. Maybe that's what we have to do. Just find what works for you and do it! I'm sure Mike's wishing I had figured this out earlier in our marriage and we may have had a much cleaner house the past 6 years! :)

Here is the link if anybody wants to listen!

http://www.northpoint.org/index.jsp

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited I found you! Can't wait to read your everyday life. Thanks for being so great. I appreciate your words on Monday nights - it's a highlight of my week when our group meets

    ReplyDelete