Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Big 'Little' Girl...

The amazing thing about being a mom is how the little things in your life are the biggest deals... Today I am reeling because of a simple thing my daughter did about 30 minutes ago. I had put her down for a nap, (in her Big Girl Bed- because she insisted!), and then left her and heard about 20 minutes later the sound of a door opening & shutting. I know this means it's either her or her brother but the fact that it keeps happening means that it's probably Cakes. So, I go up to see what the matter is and she meets me matter of fact at the door, standing at the gate.

"Poopy," she says.


"Okay, I'll change you."


And then, I see in the middle of the room one single diaper and the package of wipes waiting for me. My little baby girl knew just how to get me upstairs, knew what to say to me to get me in the door, and knew what tools I would need for the job! She is so smart and getting so big!!! Then she pointed to a single book that she wanted, called it by name and handed me her old one asking me to put it back.


Oh, how the time flies!


So, in honor of my Big 'Little' Girl, here are some pictures from birth on up to satisfy my nostalgia... :)





Going home from the hospital, Jan '06



First Bath

6 months old & already a fun-loving girl!

Christmas '06

First Birthday

Wheee!

"I think I can figure this out..."

2nd Christmas- loves her brothers!


I am 2 years old!!! And I'm a Princess!

Mommy's Big 'Little' Girl

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that first picture of her all bundled up and ready to go home. What a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete