Monday, March 10, 2008

Whoo...Whoo...



I had an extremely eerie night last night. As I was putting the kids to bed I heard the dogs barking like crazy outside and when I went down to let them in I heard a spooky sound when I opened the door. When I looked up I saw right above me on the roof a pair of eyes glaring down at me with little horns poking out on top of its head silhouetted against the night sky. It really kindof freaked me out! Although I can see that owls are amazing animals and God made them so they are special- my true feeling is that I don't believe any BIRD should be that big! Especially those that move their heads in such a spooky way.

I tried to get a picture of it but it didn't really work and I was spooked enough that I didn't want to go out in the yard to try to get a good picture of it so I have spent the last hour looking at owl videos on youtube making sure I had the correct type and finding one with a hoot that sounded like my owl.

It has ended up being an educational morning for me & Dawson though. I have learned a lot about them and Dawson got to see a good picture of the owl that he heard and saw last night. But, I still really don't like them. The whole thing put me in a very strange mood last night... the thought that a bird isn't afraid of you just doesn't seem right- maybe I have a superiority complex?

Here's what was on my roof, staring me down- daring me to get in the yard...
(obviously the one on my roof was not contained in a cage!)

2 comments:

  1. creepy! I hope he stays at your house, I don't fair well with strange noises outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your owl has migrated to my back yard! He was so loud last night I had to go out and trow a rock at him!(Don't tell the animal rights people). I am glad you had made this post because it probably would have really freaked me out if I didn't know there was an owl.

    ReplyDelete