This is one of our two busy weeks of the year. Our first is in Jan. for M & C's bdays plus our anniversary. This week we have mine, Jack's and Dawson's all within a week. So, we celebrated Jack's real birthday with a family dinner and cookie cake made by Mike & Caitlyn. As Dawson describes it- Jack had a party and got a mug and a book. (don't worry, Jack, you'll get more presents tomorrow!)
Today, we had a little boy Superhero party for Dawson and 10 of his friends. It was our first experience with a drop-off party and it went GREAT! I think it's the way to go with parties. I love all my friends and love entertaining but having to prepare for 10 little boys as opposed to 10 little boys plus their parents and siblings is a huuuuuge difference!
I even tried to be crafty and made capes for all the boys and most of them wore them the entire party, so I feel very proud of myself...
Tomorrow we are having a family party for both boys, so more to come on that!
Now tell me how I can keep this away from my brother & sister...
Kudos to Mike for finishing this for me! (I did the eyes which are the worst part)
What fun to have your cousin as your very best bud...




Wow, Amber...that cake is AWESOME!!!! Way to go. I always wondered when we'd do the drop-of party, I think it would be easier, too! Glad to hear it went well for you, that's a houseful of boys!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the cake!!! Great job! That's a lot of boys...I don't know how I am going to do that one day. Good job Am!
ReplyDeleteHenry had so much fun! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteP.S he still wont take off that cape!
WOW! That is an incredible cake!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLook at all those cute little boys. I can't imagine why you were so tired by the end of the weekend! Ha!