Thursday, September 4, 2008

Girl Crush

OK, I admit it.  For the first time in my life- I have a crush on a girl.  That's right, you heard me.  Her name- Sarah Palin.  Maybe it's not the kind of crush you thought of but it's one that's hit me hard.  I honestly get a little choked up every time I think about her- she makes me that happy!  :)

Some of you who have known me for a while probably didn't know that once upon a time, I was a real political junkie.  In college, I was an officer in the Baylor College Republicans for several years.  I was part of the team who got the largest # of students registered to vote at Baylor up until that point- we were very proud of that!  I even flew with my fellow Baylorites to New York City early one morning to be part of 2 tapings of the Rush Limbaugh show, go to dinner & fly back that night!  (Baylor wouldn't allow any group to have an "overnight fieldtrip")  Oh, those were the days...

Anyway-this election, with the naming of Sarah Palin for McCain's VP, has got that blood flowing again in my body.  I am now so excited about the future of this country.  I have hope.  I think I have been feeling just depressed about where this country is headed and now I have been revived.  Thank you, Sarah & thank you Senator McBrilliant (as Rush calls him).  

I'm not going to get into details about what I like about the issues now- I'll try to do that soon.  But, I love love love the fact that she is a mom- a hockey mom which is so awesome. (but I hope my sons never want to play hockey)  She is tough.  She is spunky.  She is well-spoken.  She is smart.  She is a Christian who believes in the gift of a baby as from God, starting at conception.  And so much more...

More to come on this duo.  I have not watched McCain's speech yet.  I will as soon as I post this.  I'm hoping to have really great feelings about him after I watch it.  I am definitely feeling better about him after his choice of Sarah Palin.  Smart man.  

I am so excited about this I am going to try to GET INVOLVED!  I don't know how since I have virtually no free time, but I will try...  I'll let you know what I do.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh politics! Collin also loves politics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sister! I am LOVIN PALIN! I first saw her a few months ago on Glen Beck and was totally impressed. Nice to meet you! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoo Hoo wasn't she great and after the media spent days bashing her!

    Plus did you know her teleprompter wasn't working well...

    The Alaska governor overcame several glitches and technical problems to deliver her speech without getting flustered, impressing McCain and his staff and allowing them to breathe a sigh of relief.
    Foremost of the obstacles, Palin’s teleprompter was not working properly. When she took the podium, the machine rolled so quickly, it often skipped the first line or two of every paragraph on screen. The operator said he had new equipment and wasn’t sure how it would work.
    However, Palin also went on stage with a slightly outdated hard copy of her speech. For various unexplained reasons, she and her closest advisers had an old draft on hand, and even had a hard time furnishing one of those for her to use. Several of the drafts were scribbled on, so one aide gave Palin a wrinkled, folded copy out of his pocket.
    Officials said Palin responded in mom-like fashion, concluding, “Well, I suppose I could put a book on it and smooth it out a little. “
    During one part of her speech, she couldn’t see the teleprompter because signs were blocking it. That was when she ad-libbed a line about the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull — “lipstick.”
    The line was a hit with the audience. It is something she had jokingly said to staff during the speech prep process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be honest, I never have really been into the whole political thing. But I actually watched her whole speech and really like it. She is just very real!

    ReplyDelete