2 days ago there were 4 different fires a few miles from my house that turned into one large fire. What? Fires? It's not fire season! It was very nerve-wracking seeing a fire so close to my house. The darn wind made it very difficult for the firefighters to get control of it (hurricane force winds and fire just don't mix!) but the wind was blowing the fire away from our house so that was at least good (for us!). The smoke was amazing! Once the smoke cleared and night fell it was very eerie seeing the red mountains. There were spots that would flare up and get really bright, then die down again. I wish I had better pictures of it but oh well.
Mike worked late- got home around 2 am but thankfully didn't have to go out again the next day! (we went on a date, instead!)
The kids and I had a fun but crazy night with friends who came over to watch the fire. They live a street up from us and figured if we needed to evacuate I would be one of the first to hear. (I had better be!) Anyway, they made a crazy night more fun- thanks, guys! The boys ran around the house saying "get away from the fire!" all night...
Hopefully this will be the closest we get to a fire near our house!
It was crazy, we could see it from our house in Boulder. Glad everything was okay!
ReplyDelete