Today I did something I have been wanting to do for a long time now. I made homemade, non-breadmaker, bread. It was so fun and it turned out GREAT! And, Caitlyn got to help me make it so we had fun doing it together. It was cute seeing her try to smoosh the bread with her cute little hands. I made Hungarian Braided Bread and also a new recipe for Chicken Soup. They both turned out delicious! (Unfortunately, I totally timed everything wrong so the kids didn't eat the soup for dinner. They had hot dogs, chicken nuggets and corn. They did, however, have a slice of just out of the oven bread before bed).
I hope I braided this correctly- I have never braided 4 strands of anything together before!
Jackson trying to sneak a peak at the bread as it's cooking...
Jackson enjoying a homemade chocolate chip cookie- I'm on a roll!
Dawson informed me that he doesn't like poppy seeds, but he does like poppy seeds on bread!
I decided to treat myself after I put the kids to bed and finally eat my dinner. (That is Pepsi in my wine glass, but thought I'd be a little fancy).
Amber....that's one FANCY loaf of bread! It's gorgeous! You're ready to open your own bakery! Looks like Jack's lovin' his giant homemade cookie! Way to go girl...it's fun, eh? Oh yeah, and my hamper looks like an erupting volcano, too. Love the fancy "wine". This was one great "peek" into your life today, so fun.
ReplyDeleteThe bread looks yummy and I love the pepsi wine:)
ReplyDeleteYou're making the rest of us look bad:) My soup is from a can, bread from a bag, and cookies from a box...
ReplyDelete