When I married Mike, I was so confused... for a number of reasons... one was because there were an abnormally large number of Aunts, Uncles, Grandpas, Grandmas... you get the picture. I had the worst time of trying to figure out who was actually related. I'm still not sure I totally know. Anyway, in our little family, we are continuing the tradition. I think our kids have just off the top of my head- no less than 5 extra Aunts & Uncles. And, personally, I think it's great! I don't think you can have too many. Well, today we have had so much fun with "Aunt" Mandy! She's my brother-in-law's sister-in-law- do you follow?
Well, I think she's great & my kids definitely agree! They have been fighting over her all night. Except for Jack who of course won't leave my side but who did smile shyly over at Mandy every so often... Mike & I actually had a real conversation since we didn't have the children all over us! (Sorry, Mandy!) Oh, and Mandy is really Amanda but we have to call her Mandy since the kids already have an Auntie Amanda...
So, Aunt Mandy was in charge of bedtime books tonight. She got to read Elmo's Ducky Days and Spiderman- lucky girl!
Poor little sea monkeys:)
ReplyDelete