Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Brace Yourselves!

You may remember this post. Well, the equilibration did not quite do the trick it seems. Still having headaches, jaw pain, shoulder pain... So- I'm working on fixing the problem a different way.
When I first decided to get braces put on- this mug was the first one I thought of:

But then I started doing some research on celebrities with braces. Did you know Tom had them?
How about her?
Seems as if braces cause people to get crazy with their hairstyles. Maybe I should try this one:
Do you think Mike will still love me when I come to bed looking like this?
(I don't think I will have to wear head gear! That will be a line I will happily draw!)

Maybe braces make you a little sinister?
What can I say about this one?
So, I took the plunge this morning. 8:50 am.
My choice was to get the clear brackets (like Tom was wearing).
I had to: find someone to watch my children.
find someone to take & pick up Caitlyn from preschool.
find someone to take & pick up Dawson from Kindergarten.
find someone to watch Missy.
Thank you to Becky for watching not only her 3 kids but also my 3 at my house...all. day. long.
I was able to get the braces on and then go out with my mom to lunch, shopping and get mani/pedis together. It was actually a fun day and I can't remember the last time I was really gone for a whole day like that. So Becky- THANK YOU!!!
I was also so taken care of with my dear friend's husband who took care of getting Caitlyn to & from school for me. I had a wonderful neighbor girl take Dawson to & from Kindergarten. And- maybe the hardest job- another friend came and picked up Missy, at 8 in the morning, in her pajamas, and she kept her for me all day long.

How do I feel? Like I'm 15 again. Only with a lot more responsibility. Am I going to show you a picture of my smile? Not right now. :)
My teeth hurt. But not as bad as I thought they would. I've been in enough pain with my jaw that I'm looking forward to getting my bite where it should be. And- I will have an absolutely perfect smile also! What a deal! And, if I do a really good job brushing my teeth, I get to collect points that at the end of my tour of duty with braces, I can redeem for a Target gift card!
Anyone have any good recipes for soft food?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you tease! What a build up... and NO picture! I can't wait to see you. I bet you look great. And a Target gift card? What motivation! (And you are NO Ugly Betty!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe is feeling your pain!!! She has these new braces that I've never seen before...it's called the Damon System with all these strange criss crossing wires and SPRINGS! Yes...things have certainly changed!
    And it could be worse...Judy had braces in her 50's and Joel and I had to wait until she got them off before we could get married! ;)

    ReplyDelete